Enamel Finish: Some of the grease will not come off
1. Apply a non abrasive cleaner such as a soft scrub with a slightly damp sponge and rub gently till clean.
2. Use a grease cleaner available from your local hardware or grocery store, follow the manufacturers instructions.
Stainless Steel: Some of the grease will not come off
1. Apply a non abrasive cleaner such as a soft scrub with a slightly damp sponge and rub the area in the same direction as the stainless steel's grain.
2. Use a stainless steel cleaner and follow the manufacturers instructions.
How do you clean the filter screens
1. Clean with warm to hot water. May place in your dishwasher.
Filter screens that have not been cleaned periodically and have grease build up may require replacing. The life of a filter depends upon the cooking habits each end user has. The average life span is appoximately 5 months.
Grease or cleaning solution not collecting into cups
1. Verify if installation is correct; the hood must be level (back to front and side to side). This will cause the grease/cleaning solution to collect at the lowest.
Europa: One or more bulbs work, but some of
1. Verify that the bulbs work in a standard lamp socket, but not in the hood.
2. Turn off the power to the range hood at the circuit breaker. Remove the bulb(s) that are not lighting up and you will see two metal brackets which hold the light socket.
3. Bend the metal brackets opposite of eachother outwards. The brackets will bow out and lower the light socket to make a complete contact with the bulb.
4. These brackets will bend quite a bit, so do not be afraid to give them a good push.
Europa: Bulb will not unscrew from the socket
1. By wearing a rubber type glove, apply enough upward pressure from the base of your palm and turn your hand counter-clockwise. This will loosen the bulb which can then be unscrewed with your hand.
2. Remove the filter screen, you may need to remove a difuser panel under the filter. This can be done by removing a few screws and taking out the panel. This will allow access to the bulb sockets,You can now unscrew the bulb.
Power Series: One bulb will not light and the others will
1. Try switching bulbs from a socket that works, if the bulb in the troubled socket still doesn't light try using a non-metallic implement to pull down the center contact within the socket.
Cold air is coming into
1. Check that all pipe connections are properly sealed.
2. Check that the damper was installed, this will eliminate air backflow
Hood is working but the air isn’t venting properly
1. Check that the vent duct at the end isn't obstructed and that the end cap isn't too close to the end of the discharge pipe.
2. Check that the damper was installed correctly and the flaps operate without obstructions from pipe adapters or other objects.