Welcome to Zephyr Ventilation’s Range Hood Height Calculator. It is our goal to make the process of choosing your range hood as easy as possibly. The Range Hood Height Calculator makes it easy for you to know if the Zephyr range hood you’re interested in will fit into the kitchen’s ceiling height out of the box, or if you will need a duct cover extension if one is available.
The Range Hood Height Calculator assumes that your counters are set at 36”.
Using the Range Hood Height Calculator is easy. Follow these easy steps.
- Select the range hood you’re interested in
- Select your kitchen’s ceiling height
- Select the “recirculating” option if you plan on using a range hood that does not duct outwards
- Click “Calculate”
The information given by the Range Hood Height Calculator’s output let’s you know:
- If your range hood is compatible with the standard duct cover (included)
- If your range hood is not compatible with the standard duct cover but is compatible with an extension duct cover kit (optional accessory)
- The mounting height ranges that the standard and extension duct cover kit will accommodate given in inches from the top of the cooktop to the bottom of the range hood filters.
- If your ceiling is too low for the standard duct cover
- If your ceiling is too high for the extension duct cover kit
The Range Hood Height Calculator uses a generic looking range hood to visualize your kitchen’s ceiling height and range hood.
We always recommend that you consult your installer or contractor before making your final decision as they will know the nuances of your kitchen project.