Looking for something to do with your pumpkins after all your Halloween fun has been had? Don’t throw them away — baking the seeds is the best part! Here’s a simple recipe for the perfect roasted pumpkin seeds:
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkin with a large spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Add seeds to a colander, and remove any leftover pulp. Dry seeds as much as possible.
- Toss seeds in a bowl with olive oil and your favorite seasoning. We like to use salt, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Spread seeds on a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Roast seeds at 350°F for 15 to 30 minutes, tossing seeds every 5 minutes to encourage even browning.
- To keep any unwanted lingering odors from getting absorbed by curtains and other household fabrics, turn on your Zephyr range hood prior to baking the seeds.