Looking to make a sweet treat your whole family can enjoy this season? Here’s a simple recipe for homemade apple cider that we love. #AthomewithZephyr
- 8 Gala apples, cored
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 TBS whole cloves
- 1 tsp whole allspice
- 10 cups of water
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 oranges, quartered
- Place apples (quartered) into a slow cooker. Add in cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and allspice in. Pour in water.
- Cook on “High” for 3 hours.
- Mash apples with a potato masher. Add in brown sugar and oranges. Cook an additional 1-3 hours on “Low.”
- Strain the solids from the liquids. Discard solids, and store liquids in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- For an on-the-go drink, portion the apple cider into a set of mason jars or use your preferred bottling method, and store these in your favorite Zephyr Presrv™ Beverage Cooler.