Hot chocolate is one of the season’s best treats — and an even better way to beat the cold! It’s also an extremely versatile drink that we love to put our own spin on. Here are a few of our favorite ways to spice up this old stand-by drink:
- Stir in 1 Tbsp of caramel sauce for an added layer of sweetness.
- Place three, 2-inch-long strips of orange rind into your beverage, and let them steep in the hot chocolate for a few minutes before tasting for a citrus-y twist.
- Drop a peppermint stick in your hot chocolate to melt for mint-chocolate flavored cocoa.
- And if you’re feeling a bit traditional, you can always top your hot chocolate with a couple marshmallows and a cinnamon stick.
- TIP: To keep any unwanted odors and oils from getting absorbed by curtains and other household fabrics, turn on your Zephyr range hood prior to cooking.