If you have a Stainless Steel vent hood:
- Apply a nonabrasive cleaner, such as soft scrub, with a slightly damp sponge and rub the area in the same direction as the stainless-steel grain.
- Use a stainless steel cleaner and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
If your range or vent hood has an enamel or powder coated color finish:
- Apply a nonabrasive cleaner, such as soft scrub, with a slightly damp sponge and rub gently until clean.
- Use a grease cleaner, available at your local hardware or grocery store and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
For more tips on how to clean your range hood, visit our How-To & Other Videos page.
The Model Number is an 8 – 10-digit number categorizing your hood. For example: AK7500BS or ZLU-M90BS.
The Serial Number is a 7 – digit number followed by three letters. For example: 1234567ABC.
There are two options for finding the Model Number and Serial Number:
- Range and vent hoods with removable residue cups – remove the right residue cup, behind it on a white sticker will be the model number and serial number.
- All models with a filter – remove the filters, inside the body of the hood there will be a white sticker or foil label with the model number and serial number.
Some of our range hoods have color chips samples or RAL color code references. Please Contact Us to request color samples.
A complete database of User Manuals for discontinued models can be found on our Specs & Manuals page.
If the grease cups are falling or sliding out of the unit after installation, the bottom panel was not installed correctly. The back lip of the bottom panel must tuck inside the unit in order to secure the grease cups in place.
Verify that the hood has been installed correctly. The hood must be level from front to back and side to side. This will cause the grease or cleaning solution to collect at the lowest point.
Range Hood Light Bulbs
If you own a product from our Core Collection:
- Wear a rubber-type glove and apply enough upward pressure from the base of your palm and turn your hand counter-clockwise. This will loosen the bulb which can then be unscrewed with your hand.
- To access the light bulb socket directly you will need to remove the filter. A diffuser panel just past the filter may need to be removed to access the socket. This can be done by removing a few screws and taking out the panel. From here you can unscrew the light bulb.
- CAUTION: Check that the bulbs are cold to the touch and the power to the hood is turned off from the circuit breaker prior to doing any service work.
You can order replacement light bulbs from our Parts & Accessory Store.
Perform a power reset by turning off the power from the circuit breaker, leave it off for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the power on from the circuit breaker and check the operation of the unit. If the problem persists, please contact our customer care team using the contact form.
Metal Mesh Filters
Determine which type of filter you have.
Most filters can be placed in the dishwasher at low heat or short cycle using a non-phosphate detergent. Be sure there are no other items in the dishwasher, the filter can catch food residue. Please note: Discoloration of the filter may occur if using phosphate detergents, or as a result of local water conditions – but this will not affect filter performance. This discoloration is not covered by the warranty.
Filters can also be washed by hand with warm water and a non-phosphate degreasing detergent such as Dawn. Soak the filter for 1 to 2 hours and rinse with water. Allow filter to completely air dry before re-installing the filter and using the range hood.
Filters that are not cleaned regularly and have grease build up may require replacement.
You can order filters from our Parts & Accessory Store.
The clean air feature in a feature that turns the hood on every 4 hours for 10 minutes to circulate the air in your home and keep it fresh.
To enable the Clean Air feature:
- With the hood in the off position, press and hold the on/off button for approximately 5 seconds until the display shows “—” then “A”.
To disable the Clean Air feature:
- With the hood in the off position, press and hold the on/off button for approximately 5 seconds until the display shows “A” then “— ”.
- Check that all pipe connections are properly sealed.
- Check that the damper was installed, this will eliminate backdraft airflow.
- Check that the vent duct at the end isn’t obstructed and that the end cap isn’t too close to the end of the discharge pipe.
- Check that the damper was installed correctly and the flaps operate without obstructions from pipe adapters or other objects.
Synchronization: to create a unique link between the range hood and the remote control use the following steps:
Instructions for this remote:
- With the range hood off, press and hold the “Power” and “Delay Off” buttons on the remote for 4 seconds until the “Delay Off” indicator on the hood illuminates.
- Press the “Delay Off” button on the hood within 4 seconds to confirm the link. If successful, the Delay Off” indicator will blink 3 times.
- The synchronization is complete.
If you have this remote:
- With range hood off, press and hold the “Lights” button on the range hood until:
- Option 1: The letter “F” shows on the display screen.
- Option 2: The LCD screen blinks on and off.
- Press the “Lights” button on the remote. The lights on the hood will turn on.
- The synchronization is complete.
The following Zephyr range hoods models are compatible with the Zephyr Connect App:
- Models ALU-E43CSX, ALU-E43CWX, ALU-E63CSX, and ALU-E63CWX
- Models AK7300AS and AK7336AS
- Models AK7400AS, AK7436AS, and AK7448AS
- Models AK9428BS, AK9434BS, AK9440BS, and AK9446BS
- Models ZMI-M90CS and ZMI-M90CG
- Models ZML-M90CG, ZML-M90CS, ZML-E42CG, and ZML-E42CS
- Models ZNA-M90DS and ZNA-E42DS
- Models ZVE-E30DS, ZVE-E36DS and ZVE-E42DS
Please check the product specification sheet to ensure compatibility.
- iOS: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air or later, iPod touch, and iPhone 5s or later.
- Android: Requires Android version 8. Compatible with devices 5.4″ to 10.1.”
Only one Account can control the hood at a time. However, you can log into multiple devices at the same time by sharing your login.
Pressing the Fan Down and Light buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds will place the hood into Bluetooth® Pairing Mode. The hood will remain in pairing mode for 60 seconds and the Bluetooth® graphic will blink until the hood connects to your mobile device. Once your device connects to the hood, you can then establish a Wi-Fi connection, at which point the hood will sever the Bluetooth® connection from your mobile device. Note: It is not uncommon for the Bluetooth® graphic on the hood controls to continue blinking until the 60 seconds is over.
- Ensure the router or model is turned on.
- The router may be connected to a 5 GHz wireless frequency. Connect to a 2.4 GHz band and attempt to reconnect.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi on your phone is turned on.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi signal strength is strong.
- The Zephyr Connect app will ask permission to temporarily access certain settings on the hood during setup; GPS for initial location, Camera to scan QR code, and Bluetooth to bind the hood.
- These settings can be changed later if issues arise during setup.
- iOS: Settings –> Scroll down to Zephyr Connect. Location – while using, Bluetooth – enabled, Camera – enabled
- Android: Settings –>Apps –> Zephyr Connect –> Permissions, make sure Camera and Location are checked
Go into the Zephyr Connect app and click Settings –> Change Wi-Fi –> Add Wi-Fi to Network –> Enter “Test” into the network name and click Next. After a few seconds you will receive an “Unable to Connect” error –> Click Try Again –> Back –> Cancel and then close out of the App. The hood is now disconnected from the network.
The proximity sensing feature is for activating the controls. Simply approach the hood while the controls are off and the Power, Fan Decrease, Fan Increase, and Light icons will illuminate, and “HELLO” will appear on the LCD display for 2 seconds. If no button is pressed within 60 seconds the controls will turn off. If any function (lights, fan, etc.) is on, the proximity controls will not turn off until no function is on.
The Zephyr Connect app and Web Store are on two different platforms, for security reasons. Therefore, the login credentials are different for each.
This can be done in the Zephyr Connect app under Account where a link will be emailed to the account you used to sign up for their Zephyr Connect app account.
Please contact a Zephyr product support rep to change the warranty expiration date.
- Android – make sure Bluetooth is turned on in your phone settings before starting the pairing process
- Android and iOS. During the Add Hood process, your mobile device will need to connect to the hood via Bluetooth. If during the Bluetooth pairing process, you cannot find the hood device name (ZEPHYR_xxx) ensure the hood is in pairing mode. If you still do not see the hood device name on your mobile device, turn off Bluetooth on your device and search again. The Bluetooth pairing code is 123456.
- Please contact a Zephyr product support rep if you are still having issues.
Look at the hood controls and see if the Wi-Fi icon is illuminated. If it isn’t, follow these steps:
- Go into the Zephyr Connect app under Account, click the ( i ) next to the hood model and go through the connection process again — or go into settings and select Change Wi-Fi. Place the hood into Bluetooth® pairing mode by holding the Fan Down and Light buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds and follow the procedures.
- If the Wi-Fi icon is illuminated, force close the app and try again. If it still does not work, re-log into the app and try again.
- Check if the Wi-Fi icon on the hood controls is still illuminated. If it isn’t, it means the hood may not have a strong Wi-Fi signal or the customer might need to go into settings and Change Wi-Fi to connect the hood again.